Cooking With Big Rich - Jambalaya
New episode is in! And the taste testers approve - jambalaya is bomb-diggity!
In our latest episode of Cooking with Big Rich we're serving up hearty bowl of jambalaya! Bonus points because this recipe is keto friendly!
Don't believe me? Try it for yourself! Find the recipe, photos and episode below.
What you need:
8 to 10 jumbo shrimp, chopped
2 Andouille sausage, sliced
6 dark meat Chicken thighs
1 large onion
1 small stock of celery
2 holy trinity peppers
2 small jalapeños
24 ounces of chicken broth
1/2 bag of cauliflower rice
1 tablespoon of Big Rich's Cajun seasoning
1.5 tablespoons of Big Rich's Creole seasoning or to taste
1 can of roasted tomatoes
1 can of kitchen
2 bay leaves
1/2 stick of butter
1. Start by heating half a stick of butter in a pot
2. Add vegetables (onion, peppers, celery, jalapenos) and sweat
3. Add chicken to the pot with the vegetables and wait until slightly cooked (a few minutes)
4. Add in the Big Rich's Cajun and Creole spices and stir
5. Add the Andouille sausage to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes
6. Add in the roasted tomatoes and kitchen ready tomatoes and stir, then add in the chicken broth and stir
7. Let cook for a few minutes, then add the shrimp
8. Stir in the cauliflower rice
9. Let cook until cauliflower is tender
10. Serve and enjoy!
Another bomb-diggity recipe! Watch the episode below:
Stay tuned for more recipes, reviews, and more! Stay healthy and as always, Eat Well.